Facebook is one place that customers can find you and interact with you. It is important to make a good impression. Here are some tips to help.
- Branding- Your branding should be consistent across all social platforms. When someone looks at your page they should see your colors and logo.
- Information- Make sure all your information is complete and accurate. Can they clearly tell what you can do for them? Are your hour’s current? Do your customers know the best way to contact you?
- Content- Posting regularly will help you stay in people’s feeds. Take some time to plan your content over the next month or more. You can schedule your content directly on Facebook or you can find a scheduler. Some schedulers will allow you to create a library so that you can recycle your content. Create content that is engaging, educational, and informative. You don’t want to be selling all the time. You want to educate the consumer on the importance of your services.
- Images and Video- While people scroll through their feed you want to have images that make them stop and take a second look. Try to go live on your page on a regular basis. This helps with the all-important algorithm.
- Engagement- Are you engaging with you customers? If someone comments on a post you should comment back. Engagement is important for the Facebook algorithm to help your reach. Also, if someone takes the time and effort make a comment you should acknowledge them.
When done right, Facebook is a great way interact with your customer.
Theresa Mintzer can be reached at 484.686.2995; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: ByTheresaMarie.com.